Our new home:
Unifor Family Education Centre in Port Elgin, ON.
Getting Here / Transportation
- Hotel Intercontinental, very centrally located across from the Royal Ontario Museum
- Pantages, a “boutique hotel”, chic and priced accordingly
- Cosmopolitan Hotel, also chic…
- Metropolitan Hotel or Soho Metropolitan Hotel
- Drake Hotel, ultra funky, not near the subway line (all the others are) but the neighbourhood is extremely interesting
- The Strathcona Hotel, downtown, not as expensive as the others
- Art Gallery of Ontario, our best “important” art gallery
- Royal Ontario Museum, decent all-round museum including science and humanities sections
- Harbourfront, a waterfront area with lots of stuff to see and do
- Distillery District, more contained but a great afternoon stroll, lots of stores, artist studios, and some good restaurants
- Kensington Market, very funk-tastic neighbourhood with excellent graffiti, interesting shops, lots o’ surprises
- Chippewas of Rama First Nation’s Powwow is concurrent with Mindcamp but just down the road by car, so a quick trip to enjoy the dancing, music, food, and crafts is definitely do-able
- McMichael Canadian Art Collection, a beautiful gallery set in a forest park that shows off our best Canadian art (day trip from Toronto, there is a bus but easier with a car)
- Niagara Falls, just incredible, even though every tourist in the world goes there, there’s a good reason for that (day trip from Toronto, lots of buses etc. so car optional)
- Prince Edward County, a beautiful cultivated farm area with many places to sample excellent local cheese, wine, meats etc. (possible in a day trip but much better to stay overnight, or even two nights; best with a car)
- Algonquin Provincial Park, no place like it anywhere else on earth, it is heaven and perfectly preserved (stay overnight, camping perfect but there are hotels/motels as well nearby… you will need a car)
- Petroglyphs Provincial Park, with amazing rock-paintings by indigenous people of ancient times (fairly far but quite possible in a day trip, you will need a car)
- Bruce Peninsula, lots of lovely beaches and hikes (fairly far but quite possible in a day trip, you will need a car)
Sessions & Presenters
Right here. Note that we are going to go full (almost) Open Space this year, which is why few programs are posted on the site.
Aside from a few scheduled sessions, the content of Mindcamp will be yours to decide. So as a Mindcamper, you’re also a possible session leader (if you want to be).