A Hybrid Format: Pre-Programming and Open Space
This year our format combines the depth and wisdom of fully-developed sessions with the open, dynamic, creative energy of the Open Space process. We will have our usual core programs (morning yoga, free writing, kaleidoscopes, campfires, and Camino). In addition to this, we will set the tone for each day with Trailhead Sessions: 3-5 concurrent evening sessions that will provide inspiration and direction for the next day.
The sessions that follow will, to some extent, branch from and elaborate on the content delivered (or developed) in the Trailhead Sessions. These sessions will develop through the Open Space methodology: a rich and dynamic experience that is instantly responsive to what is happening in the minds and bodies of all Mindcampers in the moment. (If you haven’t already experienced Open Space, you may feel skeptical, but get ready for a beautiful surprise!)
The Open Space process is straightforward. We’ll give a brief orientation after dinner on the first day (Monday). Then each morning, we’ll hold an Open Space Marketplace, where people who have ideas for sessions will give a short description of what they’d like to do. That might be a presentation or a discussion or an experience.
We then post session descriptions on a wall and ask people to sign up for what interests them most. Based on the level of interest, we’ll assign meeting times (usually 90 minute slots) and spaces.
Scheduled SessionsSubject to change. What isn't?
Click on a session to learn more about it.
- Beyond the Obvious Meeting constraints with confidence (Nicole Flynn)
- Biodanza Awaken your natural curiosity (Sophie Harvey)
- Hatch Ideas Incubation as a creativity tool (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Arpilleras from Chile Stories on Burlap (Angelica & Mario Allende)
- Creative Conflict TKO Optimizing conflict for creativity (Paul Fleming)
- From Bystander to Ally How to Shift from Standing by to Standing up (Deepika Grover)
- The Art of Presence Using magic moments to connect (Anthony Hyatt)
- Mighty Magical Messages Creating messages that reinforce your personal magic (Megan Mitchell, Alison Cohen)
- Your Mother's Eyes Climate wisdom from real and imagined ancestors (Denise Pinto)
- Sunrise Yoga (Zachary Townesmith)
- Writing Freely (Tim Hurson)