Painting Your Postcard
Embracing your past and imagining your future
The first step in this process will be overcoming the fear of the blank canvas and becoming comfortable with colour. Participants will work on a portrait of one of the great creatives.
The second step will be the creation of a painted postcard that will offer insights into where you've been, where you are, and where you want to go. Be prepared to go to the edge of your comfort zone, as you will be asked to share the story of your postcard and then let go of your creation. You will discover that in releasing your attachments, magical things can happen.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- A gentle introduction to portrait painting
- The power of connecting memory and aspirations with visual cues
- The wonder of letting go of attachments
Russell ThomasRussell Thomas is a full-time visual artist now based in Okotoks, Alberta. His colourful creations can been seen in homes and businesses across Canada and in the U.S.
Passionate about philanthropy, Russell has enjoyed exploring how his art can help make a difference in the world. Apart from doing live paintings for a broad range of charities, Russell does a number of painting initiatives to help build houses for the poorest of the poor in Cambodia with Bracelets For Buildings.
Russell is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Bouffon for Everyone The power of humour (Massimo Agostinelli)
- C.H.A.N.G.E.(S.) Turn and face the strange (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Extreme Exploration What Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, and Arctic explorers have taught us about the world at the edge (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- The Future is All Made Up Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future (Michelle Auerbach)
- The Hero Within Designing a life on purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Postcard Embracing your past and imagining your future (Russell Thomas)
- The Vortex of Innovation Draft your project from the edge (Edouard Le Marechal)
- What's That Smell? Building your sensory postcard (Clare Dus, Lee Stapleton)
- Young Entrepreneurs (Vareia Boxill)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?