The YES, AND Inside NO, BUT
In this session we will look at the YES/NO AND/BUT quadrants and how to apply them to our work, and when they are appropriate, and when they aren’t. Then we will look at which quadrant we spend our mental time in, and how to adjust that, if necessary.
This session is intended to help those who struggle with convergence find the best language for it and create tools that can help you get there. This will also be helpful for session leaders who deal with hard-to-converge resource groups. If you have committed to always living a YES, AND life, this may push you to the edge, but have no fear, we will hang a guardrail there.
Participants will learn about the quadrants, practice tips (and games) to help them move along in the process, engage in activities to show awareness, and reflect on where they are, and where they want to be.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Participants will learn the Yes/No And/But Quadrants and what they mean.
- Participants will learn where they 'live' in the quadrant, and how to move if necessary.
- Participants will learn activities to help them and their audiences/classes/clients move along in the CPS process.
Beth SlazakBeth Slazak works for the Creative Education Foundation as the Manager of Events and Education, so she travels far and wide teaching Creative Problem Solving to those who want to deal with challenges faster and with more deliberate creativity. That includes incoming freshmen at Buffalo State, where she is an adjunct, who are part of the Inspire program.
Beth trained at Second City and now spends her free time performing with Buffalo ComedySportz. She uses this ‘yes, and’ training to encourage others to take on new challenges and face problems with a new attitude.
Beth is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Creativity X-Press Key attitudes, principles, and tools (Latise Hairston)
- Excursions to the Edge (Dorte Nielsen, Tim Hurson)
- Feeding Change Standing on the edge of chaos (John Sedgwick)
- Inspire Your Ideal A whole-being happiness workshop (Megan Mitchell)
- Journalling at the Edge Send yourself a postcard from the edge everyday (Anthony Billoni)
- Storytelling to Inspire Dreaming with your eyes wide OPEN (Susannah Childers)
- The YES, AND Inside NO, BUT (Beth Slazak)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?