Standing on the edge of chaos
In this 90 min. session we will explore a simple model for change and you will create a process flow for a system drawn from your real experiences. We will come to an understanding that the key to healthy change is a built-in feedback loop. Feedback nurtures all transformations.
To be able to take this home and use this approach we will learn, and practice, the basic tool for giving and getting feedback; “What?”, “So What?" and "Now What?”
The format will be: Some talking head ( dull,sorry), some whole group brainstorming (crazy, sorry) and some fish bowl improv (stressful, sorry).
If any of this bothers you then that is the feedback that is telling you; - you need to be here.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Understand the transformation model from George Land’s work; Breakpoint and Beyond
- Build a system flow chart with a feedback loop on a ‘real life’ situation
- Do some hands-on work with the tool, What?, So What?, Now What?
John SedgwickJohn is a lifelong student of group dynamics and the art and science of facilitation. And though he’ll probably retaliate with water bombs for our saying this, Sedge is arguably one of the world’s authorities in this area.
St Catharines, ON
For the past decade John has designed and delivered training programs for corporate clients including General Motors, Dofasco, Stelco, and Canada Customs and Revenue Agency. For more than 20 years before that he was Professor of Business Administration at Mohawk College, designing and developing training programs tailored for corporate and government clients.
John conducts seminars and workshops through North America and Europe in the field of management development. He is a former adjunct professor at the International Center for Studies in Creativity, and has presented at creativity conferences throughout the world.
Sedge is also the spark plug that ignited the conceptual thinking behind Facilitators Without Borders and is one of its founding directors.
John is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Creativity X-Press Key attitudes, principles, and tools (Latise Hairston)
- Excursions to the Edge (Dorte Nielsen, Tim Hurson)
- Feeding Change Standing on the edge of chaos (John Sedgwick)
- Inspire Your Ideal A whole-being happiness workshop (Megan Mitchell)
- Journalling at the Edge Send yourself a postcard from the edge everyday (Anthony Billoni)
- Storytelling to Inspire Dreaming with your eyes wide OPEN (Susannah Childers)
- The YES, AND Inside NO, BUT (Beth Slazak)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?