A sightless experience
We are going to go on a journey in the darkness to overcome the obvious and see without our eyes.
Guided by audio prompts, whisper games, and noisemaking, this experimental session will have you explore whatever wants to emerge from your inner world — a subconscious deep-dive of Mind Camp proportions.
Accessibility note: This session will use hand-to-hand touch, and, of course, blindfolds.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Experiment with co-creating a vivid, improvised sound landscape
- Learn how to make a sensorial theatre
- Use sound to reinforce emotional connection to a creative challenge
Denise PintoDenise is the Creative Director of Courage Co-Lab Inc., where she oversees design strategy and facilitation. She is a board member for MABELLEarts, a community-based arts practice which transforms public spaces, and a design lead for OpenIDEO’s Toronto’s chapter, a community of researchers, designers, consultants, and humans who use design thinking to create social impact.
Denise teaches Urban Studies at the University of Toronto, and frequently mentors students at the Institute Without Boundaries. In 2016 she was named a Vital Person by the Toronto Foundation for her years of work as Executive Director of the international Jane’s Walk project, connecting neighbours face-to-face in 226 cities worldwide. In her spare time, Denise hosts a weekly writer’s drop-in group which is mostly way to keep her on track while she works on her debut novel, a project which is teaching her a lot about being brave.
Denise is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Blindfolded! A sightless experience (Denise Pinto)
- Collaborative Combustion Lessons learned from the creative frontier (Lee Kitchen, Wayne Childers, Mark Dodsworth)
- Hard Spaces / Safe Places Bringing the creative mind into the hard discussions of sex, politics, and religion (Allan Cole)
- Learning from Labyrinth A one-way path to learn, un-learn, re-learn. Let the labyrinth guide you. (Chiara Micalizzi, Alessia Berti, Marina Randich)
- Pitch 'er Perfect How to craft and deliver a perfect pitch (Doug Carter)
- Samurai Wisdom Exploring Your Edge (Jay Aquilanti, Kristen Peterson)
- Your Lifetime Reimagined A time travel experience (Matteo Catullo, Newell Eaton)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?