Soft skills developed by playing HARD!
Awards and punishments.
Formal and informal rules.
Even objectives with their corresponding rewards.
If your culture is already a game, why not enhance it by playing? Throw your preconceived assumptions about education over the edge with the most immersive and fun tools yet!
In this session, you will learn some basic Game Theory and how to apply its principles to develop soft skills in a playful, yet deep way. Through three surprise games, which are currently being used in some of the biggest companies in Chile, we will develop skills such as ideation, prototyping and testing, collaboration, knowledge transfer, and more.
Expect the unexpected in this ultra-interactive, high octane double session!
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Experience three different game-based learning excercises
- Learn their underpinings in order to apply them on any possible scenario
- Have loads of fun developing soft skills like communication, collaboration, creativity... and more!
Rodrigo Sánchez Picazo“Jack of all trades, master of none.”
I’ve always felt this saying defines me (In the best of its possible meanings). I don’t consider myself a master at anything, but my diverse background helps me find an exotic solution to every situation. Name a problem – I can solve it!
Artist at heart with an engineer’s head, I started as a technical in Mechanical Product Development, steering back to creativity little by little, first with a Product Design degree (Istituto Europeo di Design, Madrid), then with a diploma in Creativity and Innovation trough Design and Business (Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago, Chile)
I’ve had the pleasure to work for very different enterprises in Mexico, Perú, Chile, Spain, Germany, Italy, the United States (and now Canada!). This includes programming industrial machinery in Chicago, product studio photography in Reinsburg (Germany) designing gamificated learning tools in Mexico D.F, and recently, producing the first Mindcamp Chile.
Rodrigo is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Cognitive Biases Why saying "defer judgment" is delusional (Susan Robertson)
- The Courage to Jump (Ingvar Jónsson)
- Game-Based Learning Soft skills developed by playing HARD! (Rodrigo Sánchez Picazo)
- Navigating Culture The soul of creativity (Hamlin Grange)
- Sense-ational Svadhyaya A journey of self-study through the 5 senses (Tamara Christensen, Iz Wyrd)
- Track and Trace Becoming a casual problem solving bush ranger (Branko Broekman)
- WeTube 2.0 Creating your message in a video (Jim Ridge)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?