Home and Native Land
Rethinking our connections to this place we call Canada
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Explore what you know about your relationship to this land
- Learn about how this territory was systematically stolen from its original inhabitants
- Use physical mapping as a creative tool
Michael CarlsonMike is mixed Indigenous from the west coast (Interior Salish with family connections to the Osoyoos Band). Mike's professional impact comes from his work as a high school teacher, financial planner and non-profit director. His deep connection to community is his passion and he works every day to improve the lives of those around him.
He looks forward to talking to you about the responsibilities you carry for reconciliation with Canada's Indigenous peoples.
This is Michael's first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Connecting through Conflict It’s a small world after all (Kim Larkin, Abby Wilkymacky)
- Conscious Leadership Awaken the inner leader within you! (Ann-Marie Kong, Joanne Stone)
- Home and Native Land Rethinking our connections to this place we call Canada (Michael Carlson)
- Meet Your Better Half Unleash the power of your right brain (William Donius)
- Memory and Creativity Imagination is a key to our brain agility (Vincent Regnier)
- Playing with TIM Integrating a creative thinking skill set into your training or classroom (Cyndi Burnett)
- Wabi-Sabi Restore Honour the precious edges within you (Leonardo Muñoz)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?