Track and Trace
Becoming a casual problem solving bush ranger
You’ll not only experience how to track the best way to go about solving a question with the Swiss knife in diagnostic thinking; after lunch we’ll get into tracing the simplicity in an issue that you’d like to solve.
You’ll become a poet of paradox and call upon you inner bushranger to find how nature solved a similar question. And you will develop a keen eye on what kind of thinking is needed and how to maneuver well through a complex situation, including reproductive, productive and polarity thinking.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Get acquainted with the difference between three thinking modes: reproductive, productive and polarity thinking
- Learn how to apply the paradoxical analogy or book-title analogy — extract the essence of your dilemma
- Learn how to use analogies of how nature solved that dilemma – craft solutions for your own situation
Branko BroekmanBranko’s professional initiatives focus on facilitating creative change. As a speaker about creative leadership, facilitator of productive thinking sessions and as a trainer he is offering an effective structure to think and act with a creative mindset.
Branko is the director of the Academy for Creative Leadership in Amsterdam and coordinates the MSc Program in Creativity and Change Leadership in Europe.
He is affiliated with several institutes in his ambition to help people embrace the creative mindset, among which are the International Center for Studies in Creativity (ICSC) as an adjunct lecturer, the Centrum voor de Ontwikkeling van het Creatief Denken (COCD) in Antwerp and the Design Thinkers Academy in Amsterdam.
Branko holds an M.S. in Creative Studies from Buffalo State, State University of New York. Branko is also certified as Foursight Advanced trainer, MIDAS foundation coach and Master Coach in intercultural NLP. His mother tongue is Dutch and he is fluent in English, German and Italian.
Branko is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Cognitive Biases Why saying "defer judgment" is delusional (Susan Robertson)
- The Courage to Jump (Ingvar Jónsson)
- Game-Based Learning Soft skills developed by playing HARD! (Rodrigo Sánchez Picazo)
- Navigating Culture The soul of creativity (Hamlin Grange)
- Sense-ational Svadhyaya A journey of self-study through the 5 senses (Tamara Christensen, Iz Wyrd)
- Track and Trace Becoming a casual problem solving bush ranger (Branko Broekman)
- WeTube 2.0 Creating your message in a video (Jim Ridge)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?