Exploring Your Edge
The war simulation offers large group role-playing techniques that allow participants to examine individual and group behavioral outcomes in competition and cooperation modes. The simulations are not strenuous but do require exactness and alertness.
Participants will become aware of their processes in high stakes situations, i.e. how their thinking can support and provide rigor to physical tasks, or unravel physical awareness.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Understanding the art of war through the Samurai philosophy
- Self-Awareness around personal behaviors when in competition and cooperation, leading and following modes
- Reflection on personal experiences and insights while you explore your edges
Jay AquilantiJay Aquilanti, a California-based practitioner in creative problem solving within the in-house creative agency of Disney Parks Worldwide.
Mission Viejo, CA
As a veteran and past presenter at various creativity gatherings over the past decade (Mindcamp, CPSI, CREA) he is a past board member of the Creative Education Foundation (C.E.F.) and co-founder of Mindcamp SW.
Originally from Toronto, Canada, Jay has called Southern California home since 2002. He's raising three dynamic and fierce daughters and shares his life with his partner, Tony and his three sons. Life is busy but wonderful!
This is Jay's first year presenting at Mindcamp.
Kristen PetersonKristen Peterson is one of the founders of Mindcamp. A camp director by nature and nurture, she can usually be found with a clipboard in hand. She brings a big dose of passion, energy, and infectious can-do spirit to her work as an Innovation Catalyst as well as 20 years of hands-on experience for global clients.
New Seabury, MA
She is a Senior Partner with New & Improved, LLC., an organizational development firm that focuses on the people skills organizations need to create growth through innovation. She is the former Director of the Creative Problem Solving Institute and holds an MSc in Creativity and Change Leadership from the International Center for Studies in Creativity at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Kristen is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Blindfolded! A sightless experience (Denise Pinto)
- Collaborative Combustion Lessons learned from the creative frontier (Lee Kitchen, Wayne Childers, Mark Dodsworth)
- Hard Spaces / Safe Places Bringing the creative mind into the hard discussions of sex, politics, and religion (Allan Cole)
- Learning from Labyrinth A one-way path to learn, un-learn, re-learn. Let the labyrinth guide you. (Chiara Micalizzi, Alessia Berti, Marina Randich)
- Pitch 'er Perfect How to craft and deliver a perfect pitch (Doug Carter)
- Samurai Wisdom Exploring Your Edge (Jay Aquilanti, Kristen Peterson)
- Your Lifetime Reimagined A time travel experience (Matteo Catullo, Newell Eaton)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?