Mindcamp Choice Session Description
Creating the Vision for Your Future
60 minutesThe book of Proverbs says, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” The Ghanaian proverb says, “The poorest person in the world is not the one without money, but the one without vision.”
The difference between the winners and the “also-ran” are the visions and powerful images they create about their future. This is true in athletics and it is even more important in life.
Whether you are 16 or 60, having a compelling vision for your future is absolutely vital for success and health. Research on aging has found that those individuals who have a higher sense of purpose live healthier and longer lives.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn how to craft your life and design your future
- Take the long view for your future to move beyond the day-to-day tactics that may keep you in the past
- Develop a vision of your future and specific actions you can take to propel you toward that future
Roger FirestienDr. Roger Firestien has taught more people to lead the creative process than anyone else in the world. By applying his work:
• Clorox solved a 77-year-old problem in 15 minutes
• General Motors came up with a $1.50 solution that saved the company $50,000 a week
• Mead Paper developed a world-class line of products and saved $500,000 a year
Called “The Gold Standard” of creativity training by his clients, Dr. Firestien has presented programs to over 600 organizations nationally and internationally. He is the Senior Faculty member at the Center for Creativity and Change Leadership at SUNY Buffalo State, President of Innovation Resources, Inc., and the author of six books, including Leading on the Creative Edge and Why didn’t I think of that? His views on creativity have been reported in Fast Company and The New York Times. His latest book: Create in a Flash: A leader’s recipe for breakthrough innovation is now available nationwide.
This is Roger's first year presenting at Mindcamp.