Focus on: Cecilia Yau
Cecilia Yau is an educational consultant; a creative problem solving facilitator; a speaker; an editor and a writer. She had been a co-ordinator of the Gifted Program (kindergarten to Grade 13) in the Niagara South Board of Education in Canada for 20 years. She was appointed Chairperson of the Ontario Consultants for the Gifted.
Also, she had been an instructor at Brock University and Niagara College, St. Catharines, Ontario, for over 10 years. She had facilitated creative problem solving workshops for Ontario Government agencies: the health, cultural and financial sectors; small businesses in the Niagara Region.
For over 25 years, she has been presenting numerous workshops on creative thinking; creative problem solving; qualitative research; managing change and transitions; team building and many other topics in provincial and international conferences throughout Canada and the United States. She has been a Leader of the Creative Education Foundation (CEF) and a faculty member of the Creative Problem Solving Institute since 1983. As well, she has served as a member of the Board of Directors for CEF for 6 years. Cecilia is an avid lifelong learner. She has a Master of Arts from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario and a Master of Science from the State University of New York in Buffalo. Her recent books are: Breakthrough and Beyond: 20th Century Scientific Revolutions and Artistic Innovations and Creative Geniuses: Breaking Boundaries in Science and Art in the Modern World.
Cecilia Yau has presented:
- Design Thinking: Creative and collaborative problem-solving mindset and methods (2016)
- Dream Goals (2015)
- EQ: Emotional Intelligence for today's leaders (2014)
- Creative Geniuses: Their make-up, methodologies and impact (2013)
- Creative Geniuses: Their make-up, their original creative tools/methodologies and their impact (2012)
- Managing Transition and Change in Your Professional and Personal Lives (2010)
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for Today's Leaders (2009)
- Creative Movement Through the Use of Imagery: Building the Bridge between Mind and Body (2008)
- Creative Movement through the Use of Imagery (2007)
- Got a Problem? Get a Solution! (2004)