Remember a time when you had an "A-Ha!" at an unexpected moment or daydreamed your way to a new idea? Incubation was your helper. Sometimes it's called "shower thinking" because of the common experience of having a new thought in, well, the shower. In this session we'll explore incubation as a creativity tool.
Incubation as a creativity tool
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Find out why incubation works
- Find the inspiration to unleash your unconscious mind purposefully
- Explore a range of incubation methods
Liz Monroe-CookLiz Monroe-Cook, Ph.D., has extensive experience as a consulting psychologist focusing on individual, group and organizational effectiveness. She uses creative thinking skills and Polarity Thinking in much of her facilitation and training work. She draws a lot of her own learning from cognitive and social psychology.
Oak Park, IL
She serves as a leader at the Creative Problem Solving Institute, is a graduate of the Polarity Thinking Mastery Program, and is past chair of the Board of the Creative Education Foundation.
She is the recipient of the Creative Education Foundation’s Distinguished Leader award, and presents at many creativity and professional development workshops, including CPSI, CREA, and the Florida Creativity Conference, as well as Mindcamp. A rich array of clients — academic, corporate, government and nonprofit — has given Liz many chances to focus on creativity elements!
Liz is a returning presenter.
Scheduled SessionsSubject to change. What isn't?
Click on a session to learn more about it.
- Beyond the Obvious Meeting constraints with confidence (Nicole Flynn)
- Biodanza Awaken your natural curiosity (Sophie Harvey)
- Hatch Ideas Incubation as a creativity tool (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Arpilleras from Chile Stories on Burlap (Angelica & Mario Allende)
- Creative Conflict TKO Optimizing conflict for creativity (Paul Fleming)
- From Bystander to Ally How to Shift from Standing by to Standing up (Deepika Grover)
- The Art of Presence Using magic moments to connect (Anthony Hyatt)
- Mighty Magical Messages Creating messages that reinforce your personal magic (Megan Mitchell, Alison Cohen)
- Your Mother's Eyes Climate wisdom from real and imagined ancestors (Denise Pinto)
- Sunrise Yoga (Zachary Townesmith)
- Writing Freely (Tim Hurson)