How to thrive in any environment
Boardroom Bushcraft is a unique outdoor workshop that combines brief content presentations with plenty of hands-on field work,, more aptly called dirt time.
Boardrooms are spaces where leaders and advisors pool an organization’s best thinking to overcome challenges and discover opportunities. The difference between merely surviving or thriving often lies in the quality and creativity of the decisions made here.
Bushcraft provides the mindset, toolset, and skill set to thrive in even the harshest natural conditions. Participants will learn practical bush crafting skills that inspire new thinking while teaching meaningful and helpful lessons for daily life.
Whether you are a leader, manager, or team member, Boardroom Bushcraft will re-connect you to the natural world and teach valuable lessons in the process.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn a memorable metaphor that connects creative problem solving (CPS) and design thinking methods
- Practical methods for surviving and thriving in the wilderness
- Have fun
Copyright: kanijonas / 123RF Stock Photo
Peter Zapf is a design planner focused on helping organizations realize what is next for their stakeholders through a values-driven design process. As Design Planning Lead at Fogpilot, a Chicago-based consultancy, he facilitates strategic planning, brand design, and creative problem solving and innovation workshops.
Zapf is an adjunct professor at Illinois Institute of Technology Institute of Design. In addition to teaching Design Analysis + Synthesis, he conducts innovation workshops with its executive education team. Zapf also serves as Program Faculty for the Strayer Executive for Education Center within the Mendoza School of Business at the University of Notre Dame, teaching various sessions for the Certified Innovation Mentorship program and an Introduction to Design Thinking workshop for its Certificate in Executive Management.
For reasons he yet fully grasped, he twice completed a 14-day course created by the Boulder Outdoor Survival School (BOSS).
This is Peter’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Boardroom Bushcraft How to thrive in any environment (Peter Zapf)
- Cryptocurrencies Playing with the chain of trust (James McAnanama)
- Grow | Transform | Emerge (Ana Matic, Goran Matic)
- Inside Feminist Business Welcome to the world of entrepreneurial feminism (Petra Mutch)
- Know Thyself The wabi-sabi of awakening (Courtney Kazembe)
- Pages to Color (Emily White)
- Raising Individual Resilience Adapting to change (Deborah Jann, Giselle Kovary)
- Restore Repair an object, repair your soul (Leonardo Muñoz)