Why saying "defer judgment" is delusional
This new understanding of how our brains work suggests we should reexamine how we’re running our workshops and how we’re training people in creative thinking.
In this hands-on, interactive workshop, we’ll examine a few of the most critical cognitive biases related to creative thinking. We’ll experience these biases in action through experiential activities, and we’ll discuss how they limit participant’s thinking. Importantly, we’ll generate ideas for how to modify our own facilitation and training processes to leverage this new learning.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Understand what cognitive biases are and how they operate
- Understand how they influence individuals & groups
- Discuss tools and techniques for combating them in our client work
Susan RobertsonSusan helps people and organizations solve tough solve problems more effectively. Some of the world's largest corporations call on Susan to consult with them on innovation initiatives, strategy, and culture.
Susan also teaches creative thinking and organizational success at Harvard University and has been a keynote speaker at the NASA John F. Kennedy Space Center. She speaks frequently about innovation & creativity around the globe and has worked in South Africa, Italy, South Korea, Sweden, the U.K., China, France, Brazil, Mexico, Greece, Canada, and the US.
Clients include Johnson & Johnson, Georgia Pacific, Kashi, Pfizer, PPG, Kellogg's, Pepsiso, Clorox, Bank of America, Novartis, PetCo, AstraZeneca, P&G, Wells Fargo, Marriott, Chase, and HGTV, among others.
Susan has served on the board of the Creative Education Foundation (CPSI), and is also a volunteer mentor with Take Stock in Children, a program designed to enable disadvantaged youth to break out of the trap of poverty.
This is Susan's first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Cognitive Biases Why saying "defer judgment" is delusional (Susan Robertson)
- The Courage to Jump (Ingvar Jónsson)
- Game-Based Learning Soft skills developed by playing HARD! (Rodrigo Sánchez Picazo)
- Navigating Culture The soul of creativity (Hamlin Grange)
- Sense-ational Svadhyaya A journey of self-study through the 5 senses (Tamara Christensen, Iz Wyrd)
- WeTube 2.0 Creating your message in a video (Jim Ridge)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?