Creating your message in a video
So let’s cage that Monster right now! At “WeTube” you’ll be in a safe place (sorry no bananas) where you will become an instant Spielberg at creating your own video messages. With only a cell phone you’ll practice making short videos using key techniques critical to catapulting you to a cinematic monster free level. We’ll be focusing on basic principles around lighting, sound, framing of shots and yes, even editing. We’ll only just touch on the scary techie equipment stuff, that way there’s one less monster to worry about. We’ll also look at story structure and what makes good content for videos.
So bring your phone or digital camera and you never know we might just go a little bananas at “WeTube”.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- How to frame a great shot. Pictures not Pixels!
- How to get awesome sound with out spending a lot of bananas
- How to edit without software…one less monster to worry about
Jim RidgeJim is a videographer and accomplished illustrator with strong conceptual skills. One of his unique talents is using his 37 years of manufacturing experience, combined with his graphic and video skills, to make difficult-to-understand business concepts easy to understand with simple visual stories.
Jim also advises and trains clients on World Class Organizational Manufacturing specializing on Change Leadership for Lean Manufacturing. As well he conducts highly interactive and dynamic workshops on visual communication and story telling.
When not drawing what people are thinking Jim can be found producing video stories and mini documentaries, taking photographs with his vintage camera collection, and performing traditional Japanese Kamishibai picture stories.
Jim is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Cognitive Biases Why saying "defer judgment" is delusional (Susan Robertson)
- The Courage to Jump (Ingvar Jónsson)
- Facilitating Cultural Differences The key to working in diverse and inclusive environments (Hamlin Grange)
- Game-Based Learning Soft skills developed by playing HARD! (Rodrigo Sánchez Picazo)
- Navigating Culture The soul of creativity (Hamlin Grange)
- Sense-ational Svadhyaya A journey of self-study through the 5 senses (Tamara Christensen, Iz Wyrd)
- Track and Trace Becoming a casual problem solving bush ranger (Branko Broekman)
- WeTube 2.0 Creating your message in a video (Jim Ridge)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?