Plant a Flourishing Business
In 2008, PhD candidate Alexander Osterwalder revolutionized the entrepreneurial world with his concept of the Business Model Canvas. The BMC took what used to be pages of difficult-to-understand business strategy and presented it in a one-page visual format—an easy-to-understand chart describing the nine key elements in almost any business, from existing businesses to startups.
Brilliant as it was, however, the BMC was designed for conventional businesses. It did not take into account businesses designed to create positive social and environmental impact, as well as financial sustainability.
Enter the Flourishing Business Canvas. Created by Anthony Upward and a team from Toronto’s OCAD University, the FBC is a toolset that supports entrepreneurs in creating organizations that are socially beneficial, environmentally regenerative, and financially viable. Wow!
Join Ian as he leads you through this next level of modeling a 21st century enterprise.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Discover the three dimensions of a flourishing business model
- Design a holistic enterprise that benefits society, the economy, and the environment
- Learn to use the FBC to present your plans to employees, partners, and investors
Ian is responsible for Innovation Culture Development at BNP Paribas, a French global banking group.
He started his career as a management consultant for 10 years, mainly at Bossard Consultants. In 2001, he created and then managed the Innovation Department of Bouygues Telecom (France). During this period, Ian joined CreaFrance and began to attend CreaConference.
Between 2006 and 2012, Ian set up holistic and systemic Innovation Management at BNP Paribas together with Knowledge Management based on communities and platforms. After that he became program leader of internal digital transformation of the International Retail Banking Division, before coming back to Innovation Management six months ago.
His main motivation is to connect people and innovation, technology and human performance.
Ian holds a BA in International Economics from West-Paris University, completed by training in creativity and personal development. Inspired by his Norwegian background and French culture, he shares his passion for human growth with his psychotherapist wife, and explores children’s creativity with his four kids.
Ian is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- The Convergence Challenge Navigating the emotional potholes of decision-making (Ismet Mamnoon, Laura Barbero Switalski)
- Elements of Creativity Tapping into natural elements to inspire our creative selves (Susannah Childers)
- Glimpses Exploring deeper realities (William Sturner)
- Plant a Flourishing Business (Ian Poinsenet)
- Preach it! Applying the primal wisdom of preaching and storytelling to your presentations and talks (Allan Cole)
- Stay Sane (in an insane world) (Jens Hoffmann)
- Writing the Vignette A first step in memoir writing (Michelle Tokarczyk)