Turn and face the strange
Take a few days to "turn and face the strange" — to explore factors that inflect change. You'll be given brief "postcard" messages to ponder and use as introductions to activities and discussions throughout each session. You will be challenged to customize the workshop’s contents to fit your own circumstances, with an emphasis on personal awareness and action-focused learning.
Each letter of the model can mean different things, but we’ll use the following starting points:
C = Competing ideas
H = Habits
A = Anxiety
N = Negativity
G = Ghosts
E = Energy
... and in a special addition for this Mindcamp session:
S = Sustainability.
In order to provide enough time for individual attention and dialog, the number of participants will be limited to 16.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- An overview of different factors affecting change
- Time to explore change factors that resonate for you
- Opportunities to reflect, discuss and move ideas into action for yourself
Liz Monroe-CookLiz Monroe-Cook, Ph.D., has extensive experience as a consulting psychologist focusing on individual, group and organizational effectiveness. She uses creative thinking skills and Polarity Thinking in much of her facilitation, training and coaching work. She draws much of her own learning from the fields of cognitive and social psychology.
Oak Park, IL
She serves as a leader at the Creative Problem Solving Institute, is a graduate of the Polarity Management Mastery Program, and is affiliated with thinkx intellectual capital and Polarity Partnerships, LLC.
She is the recipient of the Creative Education Foundation’s Distinguished Leader award, and presents at many creativity and professional development workshops, including CPSI, CREA, Florida Creativity Weekend as well as Mindcamp. A rich array of work settings and clients — academic, corporate, government and nonprofit — has given Liz many opportunities to focus on creativity elements!
Liz is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Bouffon for Everyone The power of humour (Massimo Agostinelli)
- C.H.A.N.G.E.(S.) Turn and face the strange (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Extreme Exploration What Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, and Arctic explorers have taught us about the world at the edge (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- The Future is All Made Up Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future (Michelle Auerbach)
- The Hero Within Designing a life on purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Postcard Embracing your past and imagining your future (Russell Thomas)
- STEM Skillz for Kids (Vareia Boxill)
- The Vortex of Innovation Draft your project from the edge (Edouard Le Marechal)
- What's That Smell? Building your sensory postcard (Clare Dus, Lee Stapleton)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?