Playing with the chain of trust
Anonymous yet transparent.
Lawless yet immutable.
Secure yet vulnerable.
In this session we will explore and experiment with the future of money, contracts, and trust. Participants should bring a phone, tablet, or computer.
There might be cookies.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn the basics of cryptocurrencies
- Setup a wallet on our phones
- Exchange money in our peer-to-peer marketplace
Copyright: tzido / 123RF Stock Photo
James is an embedded software designer at L-3 Wescam where he gets paid to play every day. He is amazed by how much has changed in the area of electronics and software – once only accessible to those who were afraid to talk to girls, electronics is now open to all who wish to dream, design, and create things that blink, beep, move, and entertain.
As a father, James likes to create blinky, beepy, bopping things for his kids to enjoy (his kids would rather play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys…).
James is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Boardroom Bushcraft How to thrive in any environment (Peter Zapf)
- Cryptocurrencies Playing with the chain of trust (James McAnanama)
- Grow | Transform | Emerge (Ana Matic, Goran Matic)
- Inside Feminist Business Welcome to the world of entrepreneurial feminism (Petra Mutch)
- Know Thyself The wabi-sabi of awakening (Courtney Kazembe)
- Raising Individual Resilience Adapting to change (Deborah Jann, Giselle Kovary)
- Restore Repair an object, repair your soul (Leonardo Muñoz)