The Vortex of Innovation
Draft your project from the edge
Considering standard innovation processes, the vortex of innovation offers a radically different way to make innovation happen: it lets the innovative ideas emerge at the end of the process, instead of letting them set the pace. Can you imagine?
This new paradigm is not dedicated to innovation. It can be applied to any kind of project prone to raising resistance from reality. So, no need to be an expert of product development or change management to use the vortex. And, believe us, there is no way back from the edge.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Experiment the vortex as a possible way to build an innovative project and define its stakes
- Change your definition of innovation: from “a novel idea becoming a desirable standard” to “a valuable disturbance”.
- Embed change of beliefs as a key to your future innovation projects.
Edouard Le MarechalEdouard Le Marechal is an expert consultant in transformation and strategic foresight. He has been facilitating radical innovation and intrapreneurship for about 20 years for SME’s and global companies, as well as universities & public service.
What thrills him most, is to invent and design methods that help individuals deepen their understanding and change their beliefs. Hence, he has developed a set of tools based on complex thinking, which can be applied to define breakthrough business models, to facilitate systemic co-creation, to build long-term visioning.
Edouard launched the Butterfly Process© in 2016 as an alternative methodology for innovation, based on systems thinking, non-measurable value in business models, and chaos theory.
He wrote an essay about it, innovation at the Age of the Butterfly, and is still struggling to finalize the handbook presenting the method.
Keynote speaker, white paper writer, he is also deeply involved in associations for Creativity & innovation, such as Crea-France (which he presided), CREA (which he coorganizes). It is his 4th time at Mindcamp (which he worships).
Edouard is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Bouffon for Everyone The power of humour (Massimo Agostinelli)
- C.H.A.N.G.E.(S.) Turn and face the strange (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Extreme Exploration What Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, and Arctic explorers have taught us about the world at the edge (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- The Future is All Made Up Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future (Michelle Auerbach)
- The Hero Within Designing a life on purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Postcard Embracing your past and imagining your future (Russell Thomas)
- STEM Skillz for Kids (Vareia Boxill)
- The Vortex of Innovation Draft your project from the edge (Edouard Le Marechal)
- What's That Smell? Building your sensory postcard (Clare Dus, Lee Stapleton)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?