Sketching radical change
Disruption is all about upheaval. It raises a mix of enthusiasm and fear. Often our first reflex is to plunge into deterministic, rigorous processes that we hope will ease our discomfort. To do so, we first get the innovative idea, then we see how it will be valuable, then how to present it and, lastly, how to launch it. Every stage is to be properly completed, one after another. Perfection becomes evidence that we are on the right track.
And eventually… we fail. Our internal obsession with perfection kills our ability to change the game.
Blurry innovation is about seeing the big picture, understanding how to sketch it as a whole and thus make it consistent, relevant and unpredictably valuable. In this program you will learn how to: imagine the ramp-up of an innovation project you have not yet defined, build your creed without even knowing what it is about, and even build a business model without conventional metrics.
Blurry innovation is based on the Butterfly Process©, an innovation and transformation method inspired by systems thinking, chaos theory and NLP. It is for those who struggle in their business or in private — not to simply improve an existing situation, but to create a radically new one.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Take a step back and see the big picture of innovation
- Understand the liberating distinctions between goals and purpose
- Gain a new appreciation of the simplifying power of complexity (really!)
Edouard Le Marechal
Edouard Le Marechal is an expert in innovation and strategic foresight. He has been facilitating breakthrough innovation and intrapreneurship for about 15 years for start-ups and companies such as: Accenture, AXA, Bouygues, BNPParibas, EDF, La Redoute, Orange, Peugeot, Virbac, etc.
He has developed a range of innovation and transformation tools based on qualitative research, strategic foresight and creativity techniques, related to breakthrough business models, systemic co-creation, long-term visioning, consumer insights, change management, intrapreneurship, digital transformation.
Edouard launched the Butterfly Process© in 2016 as an alternative methodology for innovation, based on systems thinking, non-measurable value in business models, and chaos theory.
Edouard graduated from ESSEC Business School (Paris), with a specialization in innovation strategies. He is President of Crea-France, the French association promoting Creativity in Corporations.
Edouard is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Blurry Innovation Sketching radical change (Edouard Le Marechal)
- Bouffon for Everyone Let go and transform (Massimo Agostinelli)
- Break the Pot? (Matteo Catullo, Tim Hurson)
- Creativity Beyond “A-ha!” (Dan Bigonesse, Katie Tagye)
- Leveraging Conflict How to embrace the opposite (Tim Switalski, Laura Barbero Switalski)
- Make Some Trouble Since nothing is perfect and we’ve known this for at least six thousand years (Michelle Auerbach)
- Wabi-Sabi Photography Perfectly imperfect (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)