The wabi-sabi of awakening
The ancient mystics have all stated that humans as we know ourselves are asleep. The Buddha was known as the awakened one. What if we live only a fraction of our potential? What if we are asleep? What if there is infinite power available to us right here right now? What if this existence is a school and there is a specific curriculum we have to learn before we get to move on? What if we are here to wake up?
This workshop is about waking up!
This workshop is an exploration of what it is to be human. It will be playful, interactive, engaging and fun.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Distinguish the sleep state – personally, ego, identity, attachments
- Distinguish and develop courage and ability to move beyond sleep state
- Distinguish and develop tools to move toward the awakened state
Courtney A. Kazembe is an urban mystic. He has developed a series of workshop designed to lead individuals to the awakened state. He is a lawyer, author, public speaker, transformation coach, spiritual teacher and world traveler. He is the founder of the Global Institute for freedom, transformation and enlightenment (GIFTE), an institution committed to an enlightened global civilization. He is a leader in the techniques of transformational technology, human development and empowerment training.
This is Courtney’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Boardroom Bushcraft How to thrive in any environment (Peter Zapf)
- Cryptocurrencies Playing with the chain of trust (James McAnanama)
- Grow | Transform | Emerge (Ana Matic, Goran Matic)
- Know Thyself The wabi-sabi of awakening (Courtney Kazembe)
- Mirror, Mirror Feedback for creativity and change (John Sedgwick)
- Pages to Color (Emily White)
- Raising Individual Resilience Adapting to change (Deborah Jann, Giselle Kovary)
- Restore Repair an object, repair your soul (Leonardo Muñoz)