A 5-star approach to human-centred design
In this eye (and mind) opening session you will explore the use of co-design and creative problem solving tools and techniques that are being used to move empathy and inclusiveness to an EXTRAordinary level. You will see for yourself how people with sensory impairments, physical & developmental disabilities, autism, mental illness, and brain injury are shifting the power dynamics through the use of adaptive and collaborative approaches to innovation.
It is a pivotal time in our evolution — social change is moving from the margins to mainstream, and inclusiveness is moving from theory into practice. Come and see how you can become an influencer in this movement.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- You will explore and broaden your understanding of, and approaches to, empathy, diversity and inclusive practices
- You will garner an appreciation for elevating the involvement of marginalized people as active co-designers
- You will be exposed to and play with adapted tools and techniques so that you can effectively engage a WIDE variety of people in collaborative innovation
Janeen HalliwellJaneen Halliwell has led and worked with health and human service organizations that focus on improving people’s lives for 30+ years. She is most passionate about including ALL people in the co-design and creative problem-solving process – this involves adapting tools & techniques to meaningfully involve people on the autism spectrum, people who have a mental illness, developmental disabilities, sensory impairment(s), or acquired brain injury.
Her work has spanned five continents and she has taught for two universities. In 2012, she founded ‘We Move Forward,’ an International Women’s Day conference held on Isla Mujeres, the Island of Women, Mexico. Janeen received a certificate of recognition for empowering women through this initiative by UN WOMEN.
Janeen strongly believes that you’ll never feel more alive than when you feel a little scared, and strongly encourages individuals and organizations to explore and take risks.
Janeen has a MA in Leadership & Organizational Learning.
Janeen is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- All Inclusive A 5-star approach to human-centred design (Janeen Halliwell)
- Chindogu The art of making something un-useless (Darrell Kidd)
- Collective Image Streaming Postcards from the edge of group consciousness (Ginny Santos)
- The Edge It's the moment of NOW! (Anthony Hyatt)
- Facilitating with Heart Navigating the emotions triggered by clarifying a situation (Clara Kluk, Sylvain Rouillard)
- Hum Strum Ukulele! If everyone played the ukulele, the world would be a better place (Tom McMillian, Megan Mitchell)
- Learning from Labyrinth A one-way path to learn, un-learn, re-learn. Let the labyrinth guide you. (Chiara Micalizzi, Alessia Berti, Marina Randich)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?