Play with Ambiguity
How might PLAY make more of our potential when facing complexity and uncertainty?
We live in a complex, uncertain world where we often face “wicked” problems for which there are no precedents or “correct” answers. The creativity of play allows us to embrace ambiguity and be open to surprising possibilities, but is usually lost as we grow older. We play less and take situations more seriously.
With the power of play we are more able to access our creativity, let go of judgment and old paradigms to finally discover new worlds. Playing with ideas, visions, and situations in a risk-free and enjoyable way enables us to find new meaning and opportunities we can take back to our serious and complex world.
Discover the fun in ambiguity and join us for a hands-on play adventure!
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Be inspired to think differently about ambiguity
- Learn about the power of play
- Experience playful ways to embrace ambiguity
Copyright: rommma / 123RF Stock Photo
Katrin is a specialist for strategic co-creation with a strong emphasis on play. While one might be surprised that Germans are up for this, she successfully owns and runs StrategicPlay® Europe since 2006, mainly by facilitating and training LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® and CoCreACT®.
Passionate about spreading creativity, especially in education, she co-founded CREA Germany e.V. with the mission to make creativity a school subject. Since she is a big supporter of learning communities, she is also co-founder and organizer of the yearly un-conferences “Play4Agile” and “Play4innovation”.
This is Katrin’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Creativity X-Press Key attitudes, principles, and tools (Latise Hairston, Jocelyn Tejeda)
- Flower-up Your Process! Warning, this session is experimental. (Alexandre Eisenchteter)
- Mirror, Mirror Feedback for creativity and change (John Sedgwick)
- Out-of-the-Box Persona Crack your personality shell to build better relationships (Julia Zarina)
- Play with Ambiguity How might PLAY make more of our potential when facing complexity and uncertainty? (Katrin Elster)
- Your Magical Journey Experiencing the art and practice of magic (Bruce Baum)