Designing spaces for deep change and transformation
How do we create spaces that naturally give rise to the spirit of co-becoming and invite participants into spaces of deep change? Through an experiential and highly reflective process that engages and reorients the senses, we’ll explore the alchemy of transformative change and the larger field of possibility that comes from awakening the spirit of place.
Grounded in the natural world and drawing from Indigenous knowledge and our our ancestral lineages, aspects of ceremony and rites of passage will weave this session together to generate new insights and ways of being, to walk back out into your world.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Explore how to design ‘deep dive’ spaces that amplify and expand transformative change
- Ignite connection and a remembrance of collective knowledge drawn from the natural world and our ancestral roots
- Experience a medicine wheel ‘mesa’ working and the value that rites of passage brings to our lives and practice at this time
With a background in International Relations, Nicole has worked at home and abroad as a capacity builder, strategic planner and adviser for government, new business and the UN.
A dancer at heart, she combines her love of tango and salsa with all the Latin world has taught her about creativity, expression and passion. Weaving into this, Eastern healing methods, Shamanism, as well as Theory U, Design Thinking and creative problem solving methods, she works with groups and individuals to achieve holistic and illuminating new ways forward.
She fuels her passion for travel while training, facilitating and coaching others abroad and when at home, is an active part of Toronto’s socially innovative community.
Nicole is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
Erin shares her Otipemisiwak-Metis heritage, joy of life, and passion for traditional healing to living systems transformation. Erin enjoys co-creating generative spaces; cultivating presence – openness, relational alignment and connection in working together with all of life, seen and unseen, towards harmony and collective thriving. She follows the great wind, and has been called to energize change and harmony in many types of organizing structures; nationally and internationally, from NGOs to government, institutes to enterprises, large volunteer teams to advisory boards, community to youth – all beginning within.
Grounding into the power of place, deep listening, curiosity and care, we walk with vision and rise into possibility together. Erin is grateful to be called to work in many projects; as faculty for Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, an Indigenous Awareness Trainer within the Ontario Provincial Police and in sharing her 17 years practicing energy skill and meditation – mindfulness.
Erin carries a MA in Global Leadership, with post-graduate studies in Eco-psychology, carrying the long view of leadership as liberation. Her recent project wove together a documentary exploring through dialogue, Awakening the Spirit of Place in Transcending Paradigms, nurturing the light of our global – cosmological prophecies.
Erin is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Co-Becoming Arising Designing spaces for deep change and transformation (Nicole Dobinson, Erin Dixon)
- Imperfect Pitch How to tell your business story (Peter Scott)
- The Mind/Character Split … & how to use it to transform your life (Deron Essex)
- Objects of Genius Unleash creative genius with an apple and a chair (Philippe Brasseur)
- Shower Thinking An Introduction to the art, science, and process of incubation (Clare Dus, Kristen Peterson)
- Simply Drawing (Kaz Ogino)
- Yes, And … No, But (Janeen Halliwell, Paul Fleming)