The Hero Within
Designing a life on purpose
We embark on many journeys in living a life. Along the way we face many obstacles, dead-ends and distractions that push us off course. Sometimes, we lose ourselves along the way. And the path back to our authentic self becomes arduous. It almost seems that it is easier to live a life on auto-pilot rather than a life of direction.
And then one day we find ourselves teetering on the edge instead of climbing the trail to the summit.
But it can be different! It is possible to create a life of meaning and true purpose. It is possible to look at the shape of life journeys. It is possible to prepare and shape your experience for optimal living. If you are ready to embrace the adventure of life, we invite you to join us at this session.
We will show you another way to look at purpose, meaning and commitment to craft a meaningful life. We will explore the cycles of life using the metaphor of the Hero's Journey.
We will teach you techniques to allow you to master your internal states and emotions. You will learn to focus and connect with emergent awareness. By the end of this session you will have a new future built with creative dreaming and creative thinking.
Are you ready to join us?
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Find your purpose
- Learn and use the practices of intention and reflection
- Use the Hero's Journey to design a life of purpose
Francois CoetzeeFrancois Coetzee is a creative thinker and professional problem solver with a specific focus on creative thinking and innovation using technology solutions. He has spent the last 25 years exploring, understanding and clarifying unique customer opportunities and problems using creative thinking and creative problem solving approaches.
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
He is a Trainer of NLP and HNLP, a Master Practitioner of NLP, Master Practitioner of Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, NLP Coach, NBI Wholebrain Practitioner, an Enterprise Architect, and has the fervent hope that people everywhere think kindly of him.
He is the founder of Xpdian (Pty) Ltd, a company that specializes in the training, design and implementation of enterprise architecture frameworks.
Francois is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Bouffon for Everyone The power of humour (Massimo Agostinelli)
- C.H.A.N.G.E.(S.) Turn and face the strange (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Extreme Exploration What Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, and Arctic explorers have taught us about the world at the edge (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- The Future is All Made Up Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future (Michelle Auerbach)
- The Hero Within Designing a life on purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Postcard Embracing your past and imagining your future (Russell Thomas)
- STEM Skillz for Kids (Vareia Boxill)
- The Vortex of Innovation Draft your project from the edge (Edouard Le Marechal)
- What's That Smell? Building your sensory postcard (Clare Dus, Lee Stapleton)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?