Elements of Creativity
Tapping into natural elements to inspire our creative selves
In this workshop you will discover (or re-discover) the Elements of Earth, Air, Water and Fire and how these are essential to your creativity. By increasing your awareness of your unique Elemental Creative skills you can choose where you need to focus to build on your strengths and to balance your creative energies across the elements.
This highly interactive session will increase your capability to tap into your elemental creativity – and see how you can inspire others to do the same. Oh! And also have fun in this creative and playful session!
All ages welcome as we think, wander in nature, create art and reflect on creativity. There will be painting, card pulling and story telling, plus more! You will leave this session able to fire up and ignite yourself and your teams toward action with powerful Fire realm energy. Implement creations as we build action plans to make creativity concepts real.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Build awareness of the foundational support of the Earth and the physical aspects of creativity like space and materials
- Soar in your creativity tapping into the vision and broad perspective of air and the Mental realm of ideas and information and collaborative creativity
- Deepen relationships and build trust as you tune into the Emotional realm of water and the reflective nature of creativity with feelings and heart centered focus
Copyright: andersonrise / 123RF Stock Photo
Susannah Childers is the Founder and Creator of Possibility for her company, Ah Ha! She designs and facilitates Organizational Learning, Strategic Planning & Innovation. Susannah is a life-long learner, continuously seeking new adventures through experiences (like travel) and knowledge (idea creation). She easily meets people on their path and uses her client-side perspective to think together with them create foundations for future possibilities.
Susannah has a BA in Economics and Spanish from Washington University in St. Louis and an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management. Susannah began her career at Helene Curtis (now Unilever) and worked for The Procter and Gamble Company connecting teams and driving learning and innovation. She lives in Cary, North Carolina with her husband Wayne and two daughters where she volunteers for the organizations she values, showing up with large visual boards helping inspire and connect people to each other and their work.
This is Susannah’s first year presenting at Mindcamp.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- The Convergence Challenge Navigating the emotional potholes of decision-making (Ismet Mamnoon, Laura Barbero Switalski)
- Elements of Creativity Tapping into natural elements to inspire our creative selves (Susannah Childers)
- Plant a Flourishing Business (Ian Poinsenet)
- Preach it! Applying the primal wisdom of preaching and storytelling to your presentations and talks (Allan Cole)
- Stay Sane (in an insane world) (Jens Hoffmann)
- Writing the Vignette A first step in memoir writing (Michelle Tokarczyk)