Your Magical Journey
Experiencing the art and practice of magic
Magic, compared to many disciplines, well-illustrates the concept of wabi-sabi. It can be a never-ending search toward improvement and perfection. Unfortunately, that search ended Houdini’s life prematurely.
It is doubtful that Chris Angel, David Copperfield or David Blaine ever feel they have nothing more to learn in the field of magic. And so it will be as you start your journey into an interesting and challenging endeavor.
The session will be structured to ensure your success so you can see that you can amaze people with relatively little effort while beginning your an amazing journey.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- Learn five to ten magic tricks that can be applied in learning or social settings
- Explore how magic relates to creativity and the concept of wabi-sabi
- Have fun
Copyright: lightkeeper / 123RF Stock Photo
Dr. R. Bruce Baum, a legend in his own mind, is a Professor Emeritus at Buffalo State College, co-founder of Applied Learning Associates and the ‘Head Honcho’ of HumorCreativity.Com. He received degrees from the University of Cincinnati, and Indiana University. Dr. Baum is author of two books, a DVD, a training CD and many articles.
Awards he has received include the Beyonder’s Award for Excellence in Creativity (South Africa Creativity Foundation, 2013), the Distinguished Leader Award (Creative Education Foundation, 2012) and the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching (Buffalo State College, 2007. He is a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, Coordinator of the Roswell Park Cancer Institute Humor Project, a Certified Laughter Leader and a member of the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor. Dr. Baum has made professional presentations Singapore, Cyprus, Jamaica, Japan, South Africa (10 times), Costa Rica, Dubai, and Canada.
In his spare time, Dr. Baum is a Rocket Scientist, Bronco Rider, Taxidermist, Explorer, Brain Surgeon and Gourmet.
Bruce is a returning presenter. Click to see what they’ve presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Creativity X-Press Key attitudes, principles, and tools (Latise Hairston, Jocelyn Tejeda)
- Flower-up Your Process! Warning, this session is experimental. (Alexandre Eisenchteter)
- Mirror, Mirror Feedback for creativity and change (John Sedgwick)
- Out-of-the-Box Persona Crack your personality shell to build better relationships (Julia Zarina)
- Play with Ambiguity How might PLAY make more of our potential when facing complexity and uncertainty? (Katrin Elster)
- Your Magical Journey Experiencing the art and practice of magic (Bruce Baum)