The Future is All Made Up
Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future
Travel the process of creation from possibilities to pathways in collaboration with other thinkers who want to see the future with you. The four-step process starts with future design, moves through the pleasures and dangers of what we have not yet seen, finding the points where we can have the most influence and be the most resilient, and then grow the community that can get you there. You will leave with a visionary pathway that has revolutionary potential.
Each day we will work together through games, processes, thinking, writing, and building our real community as it unfolds right there by the lake. Admit it, you have always wanted to be the heroine, the trusty side kick, the evil villain, or the magic scorceress in space. Find your superpowers, use them for good, and build a stronger better faster Mindcamp world for yourselves and those who come after you.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- A posse of superheroes and superheroines to have your back when you need to save the world
- Strategic skills for community building
- Handy dandy narrative analysis tools
Michelle AuerbachMichelle is a geek. She brings literature, sociology, theology, emotional intelligence, communication, trauma theory, and creativity together with interpersonal neurobiology and mindfulness to unleash her clients' superpowers. Michelle is a former professor of Ancient World Literature who brings the 6,000-year perspective on the possibilities in our work and lives to be creative, engaged, strategic, and connected.
She was trained in the 1990s by the New York City Department of Health, Kaiser Permanente, and through Columbia University School of Public Health on facilitation, group process, and coaching. Michelle uses storytelling and empathy as a way to connect Design Thinking and the creative process to team building and leadership development.
Her clients include huge companies like Google, Johnson& Johnson, McDonalds, and Mars, Incorporated, smaller companies who think big, and non-profits all over the world. Her books can be found on Amazon and her journalism in the New York Times and London Guardian.
Michelle is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Bouffon for Everyone The power of humour (Massimo Agostinelli)
- C.H.A.N.G.E.(S.) Turn and face the strange (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Extreme Exploration What Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, and Arctic explorers have taught us about the world at the edge (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- The Future is All Made Up Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future (Michelle Auerbach)
- The Hero Within Designing a life on purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Postcard Embracing your past and imagining your future (Russell Thomas)
- STEM Skillz for Kids (Vareia Boxill)
- The Vortex of Innovation Draft your project from the edge (Edouard Le Marechal)
- What's That Smell? Building your sensory postcard (Clare Dus, Lee Stapleton)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?