Bouffon for Everyone
The power of humour
During a Mind U session, participants will have more time to explore the full Bouffon experience and learn the characteristics of the four families, the big bums/bellies, the dwarf, the hunchback and heretic high priest. You will learn each character in layers through well developed exercises leading up to costumed group improvisations. You will be challenged, pushed, cajoled and tickled beyond your previously imagined limits.
Explore and develop your mental and physical range through jeu (theatre games), simple improvisations, Bouffon character development, ensemble creative thinking and sore abs (from laughter).
Massimo Agostinelli’ s unique approach changes individuals in a short period of time putting them quickly at ease to go beyond barriers of every kind. He emphasizes the well being of an individual, strengthening their confidence to achieve a goal or state of being through his workshops in Bouffon physical theater. He creates a safe and enjoyable environment for all individuals to shine. The transformative freedom that the participants experience during his workshops is something to experience. And this all happens painlessly, usually laughing continuously.
The Skinny: 3 things you will do in this session
- A complete letting go and surpassing obstacles through an exhilarating and unforgettable experience
- Discovering a liberating and empowering sense of self and awareness of the environment we live in
- Enhance performance skills. stage presence, leadership, creativity, team building, listening skills and confidence
Massimo AgostinelliMassimo Agostinelli, Montreal-based international master teacher of Bouffon, is a speaker/facilitator and choreographer. After 45 years in the industry he is still very active and in demand for his unique approach to his teaching and art.
Agostinelli is resident artistic trainer for Le Cirque du Soleil's artists and corporative events since 2004. He is resident teacher/choreographer for several reputable Canadian schools in dance and theater. Artistic director of his troupes Écho dance troupe and Bouffon de Bellefeueille.
Since 2016, Massimo Agostinelli facilitated/speaker at Creative Bangkok, Thailand; TEDxLille, Creative Mornings, Montreal; Créa-France; Mindcamp Canada, Mindcamp Chile, Mosaic Lille, Creative Melbourne and CREA -Sestri and more.
In 2016, award-winning short documentary Le Ridicule Ne Pas, directed by Nathanaëlle Vincent on his work with Bouffon with Cirque du Soleil and Bouffon de Bellefeuille, is presently touring international film festivals.
This year Massimo Agostinelli has partnered up with Comedy Corps for bookings of his international corporate workshops and presentations.
Massimo is a returning presenter. Click to see what they've presented in the past.
All sessions in this timeslot:
- Bouffon for Everyone The power of humour (Massimo Agostinelli)
- C.H.A.N.G.E.(S.) Turn and face the strange (Liz Monroe-Cook)
- Extreme Exploration What Marco Polo, Christopher Columbus, and Arctic explorers have taught us about the world at the edge (Mary Ellyn Vicksta)
- The Future is All Made Up Science Fiction postcards from the unimaginable future (Michelle Auerbach)
- The Hero Within Designing a life on purpose (Francois Coetzee)
- Painting Your Postcard Embracing your past and imagining your future (Russell Thomas)
- The Vortex of Innovation Draft your project from the edge (Edouard Le Marechal)
- What's That Smell? Building your sensory postcard (Clare Dus, Lee Stapleton)
- Young Entrepreneurs (Vareia Boxill)
> Head on back to the full Session List...
> ...or why not just hop to a random session?