Focus on: Tara Bissett
Tara Bissett — a creativity professional in all senses of the word! With a strong background in the fine arts, including a BFA and MA in arts education (Concordia University, Montreal), she is a visual artist, actor, and singer, having performed in venues in both Canada and the US.
In addition to performance, Tara is director of development for Music Theatre Montreal, where she co-produces full-scale musical theatre productions, workshops new musicals by local writers and composers, and works with aspiring professionals in the domain of dramatic arts. Upcoming performances include Paulina in Death and the Maiden by Ariel Dorfman (Fall, 2012).
As a balance to her creative work in the arts, Tara holds an MSc in applied creativity and change leadership (SUNY Buffalo), and is a professional trainer and facilitator for teams and individuals in creative thinking and Creative Problem Solving.
Tara Bissett has presented:
- Mindfully Imperfect and Imperfectly Mindful: Celebrating the power of imperfection and mindfulness in the quest for change (2012)
- Facing Grief Creatively: Basil & butterflies (2012)
- Mindfully Mediocre: Celebrating the power of Mediocrity and Mindfulness in the quest for change (2011)
- Stuck on You: Making Creative Thinking Stick (2010)
- The Art of the Debrief: Minding the Gap Between Learning and Life (2008)